- Do you enjoy keeping up to date with all the latest ME/CFS research literature?
- Are you someone who has the ability to explain scientific information in a clear and concise manner?
- Do you have around 2 hours a fortnight available to help Emerge Australia?
- If this sounds like you, then the Emerge Australia Research Digest needs you!
With over 1500+ Australian and international subscribers, the Research Digest aims to provide subscribers with a monthly update on recently published research and media outputs to do with ME/CFS, as well as the occasional manuscript callout and funding announcements.
The digest provides these updates in the form of short summarised (‘digested’) articles to allow readers to gain a quick glimpse of the main information contained within the journal article or media piece, along with a link to said article/piece.
- Keen interest in learning about the latest ME/CFS scientific research studies and publications
- Scientific writing skills
- Ability to comprehend and filter out the main points of a research article
- Succinctly communicate complex scientific concepts in writing
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Capable of working independently or in a team setting
- Time commitment: approx. 2 hrs a fortnight
- Read 1-2 articles a week from our published research database
- Write and produce brief documents that explain the main points from the journal article or media pieces that have been read
We’re very happy to answer any questions!
If you’d like to express interest in joining our team of Research Digesters (or see what other volunteer opportunities we have), please complete the volunteer application form