Our Telehealth Support Service offers brief, one-on-one support to people living with ME/CFS and Long COVID, along with their caregivers and support teams. You can talk to a registered nurse or social worker for free if you live in Australia.
How to book a consultation
- First, click the “Book a Telehealth Consultation” button below.
- Next, complete the patient information form, then click “Submit“.
- After you’ve submitted the form, you’ll get a link to book a consultation with our team.
- On your scheduled date and time, a member of our patient support team will call you on the number you provided when booking your consultation.
What to expect during your first Telehealth call
- Medical History: We’ll discuss your medical history.
- Personal and Social History: We’ll also talk about your personal and social background.
- Treatment and Quality of Life: Relevant information about your treatments and your overall quality of life will be discussed.
The triage call typically lasts for 20 to 30 minutes, but we can make it shorter if needed, to accommodate your energy levels. Our patient support team will go over your medical history and, if appropriate, provide you with resources or advice to support your health journey.
Together, we will determine if you might benefit from additional consultations with either our nurse or our social worker.
A Telehealth consultation can help you in several ways
- Symptom Management Plan: We’ll assist you in learning to create a step-by-step plan to manage your symptoms effectively with your healthcare team.
- Understanding Your Condition: We’ll help you explain how your functional impairment is linked to ME/CFS and/or Long COVID, making it easier to communicate with your healthcare providers.
- Energy Management (Pacing): We’ll provide support and guidance on how to manage your energy levels and daily activities.
- Disability Support: If you’re applying for Disability Support Pension (DSP) or National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), we’ll discuss how to prepare your strongest application possible.
- Social Support: We’ll also explore social support options
People with and without ME/CFS and Long COVID go through difficult times at one point or another. It’s important to not give up hope and seek help when you need support.
If this is an emergency call 000
Immediate help is available through:
- Lifeline on 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service on 1300 659 467
- Kids Help Line on 1800 55 1800